Endocrinology is the science of hormones. It deals with the physiology and diseases of the ductless glands, mostly of the thyroid gland, the adrenal gland or the pancreas. These ductless glands regulate hormonal system of our body. Conditions originating from the hormonal disturbances of our body are treated by the endocrinologist.2. How does an endocrinological examination take place?
It is possible to register to the examinations and treatments preliminarily at the receptions desk of our clinic personally, by phone or e-mail. At first personal visit, the patient is registered at the receptions desk and then he or she is directed to the specialist by our colleagues.
The first step of medical examination is to put down the detailed anamnesis, when the specialist gets acquainted with the patient’s history and complaints, then he or she records them. Depending on the character of the complaints, the anamnesis can cover family history as well. This is followed by the patient’s physical examination. In the field of endocrinology, laboratory tests play an important role, therefore, the laboratory tests are often integrated into the examination procedure. Any other examinations, procedures?
After the examination procedures, the necessary therapy is determined.
Payment is done at the receptions desk after the examinations or consultation.3. With what kinds of complaints, diseases should we call upon an endocrinologist?
Patients are generally directed to endocrinological examination by a general internist, home physician or a gynaecologist. Some general clinical symptoms call the attention of the physician who then can think of the existence of some endocrinological problems. Such symptoms can be e.g. fatigability, dry skin abnormal sweating, diarrhoea, chronic constipation palpitation of the heart, sleep disorders, menstrual disorders, unjustified galactorrhea oedema up to the knees, livid striae on the abdominal skin, and problems in connection with the thyroid gland.
Whenever the above symptoms are suspected as results of the disturbances of ductless glands, we recommend endocrinological examination. Our clinic can help in the following special fields:
- Early diagnosis and treatment of juvenile- and adult-onset types of diabetes and conditions preceding diabetes (like insulin resistance)
- Treatment of the diseases of the thyroid gland like its hypo- or hyperfunctions, its inflammatory diseases or struma nodular
- Detecting causes of disturbances concerning the ovaries of women, including menstrual disorders and detecting the hormonal causes of female sterility as well as examining excessive hair growth
- Hormonal examination of males’ sexual dysfunctions. (impotency, male infertility)
- Examination of hypophysis dysfunctions, including problems in galactopoiesis, disturbances of water balance or growth disorders
- Examination of adrenal cortex function, revealing possible hormonal causes of hypertension and obesity
- Examination of parathyroid function, revealing hormonal causes of osteoporosis
|(Magyar) Dr. Magony Sándor||16:30-18:30|
- Why St. Gellért:
- Specialist consultation
- Diagnostic examinations
- Laboratory tests
- Fizetési módok EN
- Dear business partners